Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring Dots and a mini haul!

It all started because I needed cotton balls. So I went to Walgreens and no cotton balls to be found, but I did score two polishes. Then K-Mart and I found cotton balls! And one more polish. Then since Sally's is right in front of K-Mart I had to go in. So two more polishes.

I would have gotten a better pic but someone was being nosy.

So I got Sinful Colors Green Ocean because of Nouveau Cheap's posts about it and Essie Navigate Her because of Vampy Varnish's post. Then Milani Rapid Cherry because of AllLacqueredUp's post. Finally, China Glaze Luxe and Lush just because I wanted it (Yes, I can think for myself) and Some Like It Haute because it was $1.99.

Now, if you read any other nail blog you know about Sarah's contest at Chalkboard Nails. The rules are simple, just use a dotting tool. Today I had so many ideas swirling in my head and I finally settled on this mani. I think it came out cute but I don't think I'll be submitting it just yet, needs some tweaking.


I used 2 coats of Essie Nice is Nice as a base and the "flower" colors are Sally Hansen Grass Slipper (or Limestone) for the light green, Revlon Jaded Night for the dark green accents, Sally Hansen Hard To Get for the white and Bettina Art Deco Purple for the dark purple. Same colors for the dots adding Wet 'N Wild I Need a Re-Fresh Mint.

I messed up my pinky a little bit but you get the idea. I tried different different ways of stamping the dots on each finger since this was mostly for practice so sorry for the inconsistencies!

Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips