Monday, July 30, 2012

Navigate her....whimsically? Whimsical Navigation of Her? She? Nevermind.

Crap. It's Monday.

Alrighty, now that we got that out of the way, I can tell you the story of a sad little girl who neglected her nails for about 4 or 5 days while on vacation and saw a very stressful movie (Dark Knight Rises is awesome) and bit on her nails during the movie. This sad little girl is me. Unfortunately, my nails have been suffering from the peelys lately and I had to trim them down to start anew. I'm also starting the Nailtiques Formula 2 treatment so I'm currently sporting naked nails *sob sob sob*.

Here's the last mani I did before I decided I should just baby them some more and actually do a treatment like it says: sans polish. I layered two coats of Revlon Whimsical over Essie Navigate Her.




I've usually seen Whimsical layered over a light blue so I wanted to try a different underwear color. I liked this in person much more than I do in the pictures, but that's mostly due to the shorter nails. At least I still have free edge, I guess.

I still have some pics to be posted and, if I should run out or decide not to post them I'll probably do some simple manis, take pics and remove them for the 2 weeks I have to use the treatment so as to not interrupt your regularly scheduled programming. And to satisfy my need of polishing my nails. It's only been two days of nakedness and I'm already tweaking.

May you have that kind of day that makes you forget it's a Monday! (Good, just in case).

8 comments:

  1. Wow! love the combo! certainly gonna give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I don't think the pictures did it justice for some reason, the way it sparkled was so pretty :)

      Delete
  2. I know that feel, bro >.< I was gonna suggest wearing gloves so you would forget but then you would just look like a weirdo with gloves in the middle of summer. I have terrible ideas.

    You are a genius for this combo though, I love it. I love Navigate Her so much which is weird since I don't actually own it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think 'terrible' is too strong. Let's go with 'impractical'.

      Aww thanks! My IQ test when I was little said I was a genius, I'm just happy you confirmed it :P

      Delete
  3. cute combo! you know, i never thought of layering whimsical over a green before!
    btw im so jealous you got to see dark knight rises, i haven't gotten the chance to yet! :x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny story, I was in NYC when it was released and was hell bent on seeing it since it was arriving there before at home and we don't have IMAX here. Ended up seeing it in a regular theater in like the third row because it was so full at a midnight showing. In which my guy fell asleep.

      Needless to say, we're both seeing it again :P

      I guess that wasn't really funny, just mildly amusing... My bad.

      Delete
  4. ZOMG, Whimsical looks amazing over Navigate Her! Sea Spray is usually my favourite underwear for it, but this combo is brilliant! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sea Spray is what I had paired it with the first time I wore it and I agree, it's great underwear!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips