Friday, May 25, 2012

A Window Into My Soul

Wee Friday!

I'm excited for this weekend, if everything goes right and the weather isn't a total bitch, I'm going on a boat this Sunday! I love boating, I practically grew up on the beach around water and boats and I used to work on jet skis so, needless to say, I miss the water sometimes.

I totally forgot what I was going to write because I saw a commercial for some (probably crappy) restaurant with some awesome shots of a delicious guacamole and tacos and now I'm hungry. Oh :(

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this mani y'all! I've been seeing thess around for a while, Hema did a beautiful interpretation on her blog, Rainbow Nails , the master Sarah at Chalkboard Nails also did a kicking neon one recently, but it was Cee from Absolutely Cee who encouraged me and mentioned that it was actually easier than I thought so I gave them a try. Whaddaya know, they're within my (limited) range of abilities! I present to you my window nails. They're also called frame nails, border nails and other stuff I think, but this is my blog and I like 'window nails'.



They're definitely not perfect by any means and I managed to smudge the pinky during the picture taking process but I really like them! I used Bettina Green Apple for the base and L'Oreal Check Me Out for the middle part. I had read that to do these the easiest is to paint your base first, then tape your tips and paint your center, obviously not taking it all the way to the cuticle. I'm too impatient though so I just did the center then went over the tips again with the green. If your polish is too dense you might want to consider taping lest you make your tips look fat.

In summary, I liked this color combo a lot more than I thought I would. For some reason the pink looked darker or more burnt (if that makes sense) and the green looked almost neon in some shots. So yay for late night experiments that work out!

Thank you for looking and have a great start-of-the weekend !

11 comments:

  1. O MY, I love the color combo! It looks great! See, I told you you can do it!!!! -=D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were so right! Definitely not as scary as I thought :D

      Delete
  2. nice combo,, and ilove what you call it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome combination. This design works best with neons. Love the Green Apple shade.
    And thanks so much for mentioning me in the blog :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooove! These are such great colors together.

    Stop having stuff in common with me, I love boats :P Coming up soon I will be spending a week back home on vacation at the lake with my parent's boat. I'm hoping for a tan but anticipating the inevitable burn and then straight back to deathly pale routine.

    As a side note I will be using "fat tips" as an insult just to watch people get confused as they try to figure out what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for an awesome tan too but, luckily, I'm not deathly pale so I tan even and pretty and it lasts. What can I say? I got this. I may also have skin cancer at some point, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

      I just imagined saying that to someone and another girl randomly popping out "OMG she called you fat tips! LOL N00B, learn to paint your nails!". And then I would track her down and become her friend.

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love your mani!!!!! Overall, I am not a fan of this design, but your color combo rocks it out! I love it...very nicely done.

    Hmmmm....I am now craving tacos after reading this post!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm not 100% sure yet if I like the trend or not, but I did like the color combo.

      You know, today at lunch I said I wanted tacos and had forgotten about this already and now that I'm reading I remembered why I wanted tacos in the first place. My subconscious in action!

      Delete
  6. Looks great. I haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will attempt it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) You should, it will most probably look great!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips