Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sally Hansen UpTempo Plum

Hi guys! And by guys, I mean girls. I have no illusions about a man ever seeing this blog. Except my boyfriend, and even he doesn't really stay long.

Today I just have a quick swatch and stamping because I'm not really feeling well lately so I haven't been polishing as much as I should ;). Today's polish is Sally Hansen UpTempo Plum. I found this a couple weeks ago on clearance for $2, and it looked so pretty in the bottle! A blackened duochromey shimmer with pinkish to bronze shimmer. Crazy right?! Unfortunately, that does not translate to the nail at all. See for yourself.



It just looks black! How frustrating. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for this polish. For reference, here's a bottle shot.

See all the prettiness that's lost on the nail? Oh well. To cover up the sadness I stamped with BM-201 (I think) and Sally Hansen chrome pen in purple.



Thank you for looking and I'll see you during the week with your regularly scheduled polish! Enjoy what's left of the weekend :D

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You said it sister. At least I didn't pay full price for it.

      Delete
  2. I hate when you get sucked in by the bottle lie. Hmm, I have one of those chrome pens in green, did you like using it for stamping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am! I got 5 of them as a gift and never really used them until I read on another blog that they're apparently sought after for their miraculous stamping abilities. Go do a mani now. I command thee.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips