Monday, August 6, 2012

A Vixen that is Demure and Stamped

It's MONDAY! Why am I excited about this abomination of a day you ask? Today I'm receiving nail mail that I've been waiting for forevuh! I don't know if it's the postal service here or because things have to get on a plane to get to me but items take a while to get to my polish hungry hands.

Anyway, continuing with Month(s) of Untrieds, today I have Essie Demure Vixen for you. It's a beautiful nude-y color with an amazing pink shimmer. It borders on looking like old-lady mauve but doesn't really get there so it's still wearable.


It has a good formula, doesn't streak or drag though you need 3 coats for full opacity, but that's to be expected. This is meant as a sheer color and it totally works. I don't know why I like this so much.

Then I stamped with China Glaze Gothic Lolita and Konad plate m64.


I love this look. It's eye catching but still delicate and classy. My stamping wasn't perfect but I'm slowly getting the hang of it again.

This is also my first set of pictures using my new lightbox! I honestly don't know how I feel about them. On the one hand I can tell they're probably going to be more color accurate, but they look softer, unfocused in a way. So I ask you all, do you think they look better/same/worse? I definitely still need to fiddle with it and re-learn how to pose and take pictures with this but I'd like any feedback you have to offer :)

Have a good day and, don't worry, the week will be over before you know it! Then you get to do it all over again. Ok, that might be a downer, sorry.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the way that lilac color looks over Demure Vixen! DV is one of my favorite Essies, I love how in some light it looks like a nude color but then all of a sudden the awesome purple shimmer is peeking out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color combination between the stamping and your base color. They go very well together. I also really like this design, very cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd been lusting after this particular Konad plate for a while :D

      Delete
  3. I lol'd at old lady mauve, I swear my grandmother has at least 5 of those colors. I love that stamping plate, I really need to get some BM plates. Hope you got your awesome mail today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother is almost 85 and, for my cousin's wedding, she got her nails did....they were all silver glitterbombs. It was hilarious because they did her toes and hands like that, and she was sooo pissed when she came to my house so I would re-do them for her. I thought she looked adorable with the silver tips :P

      I'm literally dying because I want to buy the new Mash and BM plates so bad but I can't. Not now....

      And I did get my mail! Yaaay for that :D

      Delete
  4. Very pretty color combo your stamping is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips