Friday, August 31, 2012

How to Remove Glitter Easy Peasy feat. Nails Inc. Pudding Lane


Hi ladies!

Today I have something that will change your polishing life FOREVER. I mean it, its big stuff. How many of you love glitter? How many of you hate removing said glitter? Well I’m here to tell you NO MORE aluminum foil, NO MORE dried out sad acetone soaked cuticles, NO MORE wasted cotton balls! For the special introductory price of $1.25 (on sale at your local Walgreens), I present to you: GLUE!

Lol, but seriously you guys. You might have already seen a couple of blogs mention the Essence Peel-Off Basecoat and how it’s really good for removing glitters since you just peel them off without any damage to the nail (Oooh Shinies has a good post*clicky*). Well, a lot of these blogs also mentioned that it just seemed like glue. Cue LabMuffin and other smart ladies who did some research and found out that yeah, it’s basically PVA glue. Then Pretty Purple Polish did this post and shit got real. 

Cue to present day, I decide I can wait no longer to try this myself and I run to my Walgreens where a 4oz. bottle of glue is on sale for $1.25, then I run back home to grab the Nails Inc. sprinkles polish I’d been neglecting for fear of removal. I do my little PVA glue basecoat and polish normally. Ain’t it pretty?




I took these pics on day 3 of wear and it’s exactly the same as when I applied it. I do have one important tip though: make sure to apply your top coat as fast as possible after doing your nails. I did 2 coats of Pudding Lane and went to bed. When I showered the next morning I saw I was missing little pieces on 2 nails, so you definitely have to protect them from water! Now, for the good stuff- the removal.




So easy! All you have to do is lift up a little corner (some people start at the cuticle line) and remove it! I used a rubber cuticle pusher to lift it up and it all came off in one piece! And you can see there is no damage to the nail at all. There was no tugging or anything that made me feel like I was removing the top layer of the nail like I would if I was peeling off polish. FUN FACT: I used to almost exclusively remove my polish by just peeling them off before I learned that it’s really bad for your nails. I believe that’s the main reason my nails have grown. 

I know I might exaggerate but this really changed things for me. I absolutely LOATHED glitters like you have no idea. Sure, I could look at swatches and think wow that’s pretty/sparkly but I would never bring myself to do a full glitter mani. Only problem is now I want ALL THE GLITTERS!

What do you think? Will you be trying this out? 

Have a good day and enjoy the weekend! I’ll see you tomorrow for blue nails!

14 comments:

  1. I just read about this a few days ago and I feel the same way! I was totally avoiding chunky glitters unless I was head over heels for them and now I want to wear all of them. How funny, Elmer's Glue has been right under our noses for so long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me go D: when I saw the post! And how sneaky of Essence to figure it out and just bottle glue.

      Delete
  2. Man, I am so glad this came to light. I love glitters. I own a ton. But even sparser glitters really make me want to rip my fingers off as opposed to either scrubbing for 8 hours with the scrubby jar or destroying my cuticles with an acetone soak. (I use finger cots now and that's alot faster than foil but still...my cuticles are so sensitive that any amount of acetone soaking makes them dry, peely and sad for a good 2 weeks. Meh!!! You can bet your heiny i'll be picking up glue today. Especially since I have a really gorg glitter that just showed up in the mail! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah, you said it. Most of the times there was a glitter on the blog, it was because I did my nails, took pics and removed the mani before it ever truly dried so I didn't have to deal with it. Just BLEGH.

      I recently read on another blog about finger cots and was about to try them. Nevermind now :P. Also , yay for nail mail!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this! I'm pretty sure everyone hates taking off chunky glitters. This will save so much time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I feel I'm going to turn into a magpie glitter hoarder now :P

      Delete
  4. That is pureeeeee genius!

    Ive nominated you for a Liebster Award!

    http://penguinsleftgreenpolish.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, your pictures of it just peeling off like that made me go O_O! I have to try this because I wear glitter all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess it made me go O_O too! I think a lot of little kids are going to miss their glue bottles :P

      Delete
  6. the last glitter I wore was so hard to remove! Even after soaking in foil,there was still glitter on my tips.I scrubbed them with a brush even. This glue method seems to be catching on all over the blogs.I love glitter,thank god for something to remove them easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started using felt for removing polish and it seemed to work better at removing glitters but it was still such a pain! I'm definitely happy these ladies figured it out for us.

      Delete
  7. I might need this polish even though I don't think any sane person could possibly think I need more. I am DIGGING this color combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors in this so much! It kind of looks like something an indie seller would do.

      Delete
  8. OMG!! Thank you so much for this info!!! I will totally do this the next time I apply glitter polish!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips