Saturday, November 17, 2012

Poke Those Swirls

Hey all!

Hope you're having a great weekend so far! Monday's a holiday here, plus we get Thursday and Friday off for Thanksgiving so, if you can believe it, the government gave the whole week off. Of course, small businesses and shopping centers will be open but, SERIOUSLY?! A whole week off? Unnecessary.

Now that I got that rant out of the way, I have a simple but awesome (at least in my eyes) stamping mani. I have decided this will be my 'Inspired by a Tutorial' nails for the challenge because I just don't have time at all to do anything else and I want to finish tomorrow on time with the rest of the girls. Besides, I definitely used a lot of tutorials when I started stamping so it totally counts! Right? :P

I started with two coats of Illamasqua Poke and stamped with my brand new Mash plates using Wet N Wild black creme and plate Mash 40.



Poke is this vivid purple filled with a silver shimmer that gives it this duochrome kind of look. Simply amazing! I got this shade as a gift a couple of months and had swatched it on one fingernail and didn't really love it, looked too pink. But the other day it was calling to me and I tried and literally had an OMG moment at how pretty it was.




I will admit this stamp is the sole reason I purhcased these plates. I freakin' flippin' love swirls and geometric images and this set has lots of those to choose.

Have a great day and check back tomorrow for the final day in the challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I can't get over how gorgeous the color combination is! It's sooooo nice. ::drool::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz! It's definitely one of my favorites now :D

      Delete
  2. You always do really cool stamping so those stamping videos were great tutorials!!! It looks so pretty! I still can't stamp that well...got to keep trying!! :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips