Wednesday, October 10, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 18 - Half Moons

Hey guys!

Continuing with the challenge, today is half moon day! I had a really awesome idea for this and the next challenge day but, as always, it turned to crap. Then it turned cool again by sheer coincidence.

I've always wanted to try a half moonicure (lol) but I never really got around to it for some reason, so I'm glad the challenge made me do it because I loved the result AND got to use two untrieds! I started with a base of China Glaze Stone Cold (which is awesome for tape manis since it dries so quickly), applied the reinforcement stickers and added China Glaze Elephant Walk. It looked pretty nice but still needed something, so I added two black rhinestones.




I'm really happy with how this turned out! It looks edgy and chic and totally season-appropriate. Well, for those of you who have seasons. We just have "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD ITS SO HOT" and "Oh, still hot, but not that bad".

As always, pay a visit to the lovelies participating with me:

-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista 
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance

25 comments:

  1. Love it! The grey with the glitter looks killer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks FANTASTIC!!! I loooove it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! I want to try half moons, I just can't settle on a colour combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have the same problem! Don't want to do a combo I've seen a million times but can't think of anything new. In this case, it was just a happy accident that I had both polishes on my table :D

      Delete
  4. Amazing nail art, you´re very talented!

    Visit our Brazilian Blog

    XOXO Raquel

    http://coresdovicio.blogspot.com.br/2012/10/magnetismo-puro.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stone Cold love! I love this whole look, totally my style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Sir, this rock has been dead for 72 hours" "I guess that rock was....Stone Cold" *puts on sunglasses* WAAAHAHHHH

      Delete
  6. These are awesome!! I love the black stones!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pure coincidence they were on my table as well :D

      Delete
  7. This is SUCH a sexy manicure. I never thought I would say that... but daaaaaaaaaaang girl. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! It looks so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous!! I love the gray and gray together, plus those black rhinestones are just the perfect icing on the cake. Very nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliments! But you also reminded me I have cake in the fridge. This is very dangerous :D

      Delete
  10. Absolutely love this! I'm such a fan of grey :). This is definitely going in my inspiration folder xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is some high praise indeed, thank you! So glad you liked :)

      Delete
  11. This is gorgeous!! I am finding myself really drawn to greys and dusty blues lately. Now I really wish I had picked up elephant walk! Gah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant Walk is awesome, but you can get the new gray in the ChG Halloween collection (Immortal I think is the name) and its a cool gray with a nicer shimmer!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips