Wednesday, October 17, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 20 - Watermarbling (It's a fail!)

Hey....

So we meet again. You, with your cup of water and polish mess. You with your infuriating and unattainable beauty who makes me feel inadequate. It's you....watermarbling!

Lol, sorry, I'm feeling a little dramatic because I've barely slept. Yesterday was watermarble day and I had a test so it was late last night that I was able to attempt some watermarbling. I warn you, it's not great. What has me extra sad is that my last marble was moderately succesful. Oh well, win some lose some.

For this look I started with a base of white and used China Glaze Peachy Keen and Gothic Lolita and Bettina Ocean. 



Meh. This sums up my feelings pretty well:


Please go see some much better watermarbles by my challenge buddies!

-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista 
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance

21 comments:

  1. No way this is a fail!!! You have high standards girl : ) This looks gorgeous, this color combo is beautiful first of all and the marbling looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I think if I showed the look I was going for, it would show better why it's such a fail for me :P

      I do like the color combo though, it's a little different from what I always gravitate towards.

      Delete
  2. Aw, I think this is really pretty! I love the pattern you created. I still haven't done my water marble...my previous attempt was so awful, I just don't know if I'm ready to try it again lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I used to feel too! Now I'm just determined to master it eventually. It's just so...agh...

      Point is, I feel ya :D

      Delete
  3. Have you seen mine? That is a fail, this is not - I am now officially jealous of your water marbling skills!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours was not a fail! I especially liked the neon marble :)

      Delete
  4. this is not a fail,,, your nails is awesome!! if this is a fail what do you call mine then?,, disaster???? ,,,, lol... this is very very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never say they're a disaster! Thank you for your compliments :D

      Delete
  5. I think it turned out great. Different from what you anticipated, but really well done to these eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! Definitely different in my eyes too, lol.

      Delete
  6. So not a fail! And I love these colors together. So there! Neener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed so hard at the 'Neener'! I have to say, I followed your advice and changed the cup I did the watermarbling in and it's definitely helped! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  7. I agree with the girls, no fail at all!
    It looks great... Love the colors you've used! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You've all been so nice that I feel like I wasted a perfectly good meme on a not-so-deserving fail now :P

      Delete
  8. I lol'd at Zoidberg. I did not lol at your nails because they are way better than my water marbles. Liking the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I just thought, why not Zoidberg? Y'know? :D You may think my water marbles are "better" than yours, but I still haven't mastered needle marbling so...yeah.

      Delete
  9. wooowww this is so pretty! Watermarbling is something I don't like because it usually becomes one gigantic mess. I want to do this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it was a big gigantic mess for me too! I still haven't cleared my polishing table of all the polishes I pulled out to try :P. Trust me, if I can do it, you can too! :)

      Delete
  10. it came out awesome if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips