Saturday, October 13, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 19 - Galaxy Nails

Hello everybodah! Happy saturday :)

Today's prompt was galaxy nails and, to be honest, I wasn't pumped about them. Before I started blogging, I had done a couple of galaxy nails and really liked them, but they're just kind of meh now. Until I saw Kayla Shevonne post this on her blog and fell in love all over again.

I accidentally covered too much of the blue streak with the other polishes so they're more blended and less galaxy-looking, but I really liked them anyway. The original post for this look (here) did the little stars by flicking acrylic paint on the nail with a toothbrush. It's slightly messy, but I liked the mess on my fingers so I left them there because I was too tired to wash my hands to complement the galaxy look on my nails.

I started with a base of Illamasqua Muse and added a Mattese Elite shimmery polish (doesn't have a label) to mimic the look of Orly Haley's Comet, which I didn't have.




I used a shitload of polishes for this, but I remember using Milani Mint Candy, Sally Hansen Mint Sorbet and Co-Bolt Blue, China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and Spoiled Use Protection (aka Sinful Colors Nail Junkie).

Like I said,  I blended the colors a bit too much, but I still kind of liked the look. I definitely recommend you check out both Kayla's post and the original post because they're amazingly pretty. The original also has a video tutorial you can check out if you're interested. I also know I have a couple of pictures laying around of the first galaxy mani I did before my blogging days and, if you guys are interested, I'll edit this post later when I find the pic!

Also check out the other galaxy nails!

-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista 
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance

13 comments:

  1. I love this version of galaxy nails they are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love all the blues. I came close to using blues but wasn't sure I could pull it off. You rock!

    Also: Illamasqua time soon, que no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Perhaps I will do this to my nails today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very pretty. Perfect for the winter holidays, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I hadn't thought of that. You're right, it's very icy-looking!

      Delete
  5. love that awesome colour!

    • ♥♥♥ •

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips