Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 21 - Inspired by a Color

Good morning! It seems like I am getting back on track with these challenge posts huh? Lol, watch me eff it up this week again (hope not, but you never know).

Today's prompt was 'Inspired by a Color'. Um, ok. Usually, I've seen people do something inspired by the name of the polish and I did too. Sorta. The truth is, this mani started as something just for me, because I wanted to wear something pretty because I was feeling down.

I started with two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls (awesome shade and formula) and layered Essie Main Squeeze on top. Main Squeeze is from the 2010 Wedding Collection and I just recently found it at TJ Maxx. It's a sheer lavender-y iridescent pearly color with a pretty blue flash. The best thing about it though, is it has some black specks! I've always loved those speckled looking polishes but never had access to one (Borghese Almondine, Misa Grey Matters) and now I can make ANY polish speckled! Woo! Enough babbling, gonna let the pics do the talking.




You can kind of see the blue flash close to the nail tip in the macro. Also, BLACK SPECKLES! 

Now, like I said, this started as just something for myself but, seeing as I was in a time crunch, I was feeling very DARING so I decided to stamp and call it a day. I used the DRK-A image plate and China Glaze Deviantly Daring (ahh see what I did there?).




Last time I used this image, it was supposed to represent ripples in the water. Now I see more like attached molecules or a pretty china pattern. Maybe a really really weird giraffe. What do you see?

Also, today is the last day of voting in the Bundle Monster Fright Night contest. I would really love to qualify as a finalist so now I'm just straight up begging for some votes. Here's the direct link to my entry. You can also check out the other entries and vote for them as well! 

As always, pay a visit to my partners in challenge awesomeness:

-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista 
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance

4 comments:

  1. I saw that Essie at T Maxx, but passed on it. Going there tomorrow and now I want! ahhh!

    Love this mani. It reminds me of a speckled egg hatching (maybe if Giraffe's laid eggs?)! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just confirmed my theory that every store gets mostly the same shades. Hope you find it, I really want to layer it over other shades, I know if I put it over black the blue flash is gonna be awesome!

      Also, loving the image of giraffe eggs :P

      Delete
  2. Lovely, Kat! Lots of depth and interest here!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips