Sunday, October 7, 2012

I Need Blue Tonight - Makeup Your Face Swatches & Review (Glitter!)

Hey all!

I'm combining a challenge day with a polish review! Crafty, no?

One of my biggest polish lemmings will forever be NailVenturous Flying Blue Jay. Sadly, she's no longer selling her polishes so, unless a miracle happens and someone finds one in a blog sale (which you have to tell me immediately if that happens), I will never have my Blue Jay. Cue indie polish and makeup seller Makeup Your Face who had this beauty for sale and I snapped it up to try.

I Need Blue Tonight is a royal blue jelly with small white hexes and larger holo hexes. The formula is thick but not in a bad way, and it is jam packed with glitters. I did just two coats over a DIY peel off basecoat and it was completely opaque. I topped it off with a coat of Gelous and Posh to ensure a smooth finish. I had a lot of bubbling but I'm 100% sure it's because of the top coat, not the polish itself.





ZOMGs I am head over heels in love. I mean, it's blue, it's jelly, it's got big holo glitters, what more could I ask? Application was a little tricky because you do have to 'dab' the glitters a little to make sure they don't clump up, though its still not as bad as other glitter polishes I've tried. My recommendation is to spread the base color out, then dab the glitters and do a final gentle swipe with the brush to smooth everything down.

Final Verdict: If you love blue jellies and glitter, you need it.The only con is that the polish does not have stainless steel mixing balls, although that isn't super necessary since it has so much glitter.

EDIT: I've since spoken to the seller who explained that she does indeed add stainless steel balls to her polishes and would be happy to send me some balls (teehee) to add to my polish! I should have mentioned the awesome customer service I received from her when I was ordering, I always have problems ordering through Etsy because of the shipping and she helped me super quick so I could complete my order.

Makeup Your Face can be found on her Etsy shop and her Facebook page. Full size polishes retail for $8.00 and minis for $4.25 (she also has eyeshadows!).

Still a challenge day, so make sure to stop by the other blogs for more GLITTAH madness :D


-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful 
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa 
-Mari at Nailista 
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L 
-Gini at Sassy Paints 
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance

8 comments:

  1. As am I: absolutely In Love!!!! I'm hearing birds singing kinda love!

    Gawjussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooh! Want !!!! I love blue glitter/jelly polishes. The only one i have is Kleancolor's Blue Eyed Girl, which thickens so badly that it's barely usable with half a bottle of thinner. And doesnt have holo glitter. Yup, this is so on the wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hnnnngggg these are freakin amazing looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips