Sunday, March 11, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 4 - White Base with Color

Beware of the fail ahead! You should probably avert your eyes, it's not pretty.

Still here? Ok then. Today is day 4 of the Black and White Challenge from Mateja at Purple Glitters and Dolores at Colorful Bottle. The mani of the day was white base with some color and I thought of watercolor nails! Mind you, this only happened because I failed hard at creating the mani idea my boyfriend gave me.

Behold!

Sorry for the less than stellar cleanup!
I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Hard to Get and I was really liking the stark white nails! It made them look longer somehow. I almost didn't watercolor at this point. I should have listened to myself.




Oh. They look like clown nails or something. I tried to replicate Chalkboard Nails' look but I didn't have the same colors and I just don't like the ones I chose. I'm not even 100% on which color is on which nail because I changed them up between nails when I saw they didn't spread or mix like I thought they should. The general idea though was red, yellow, blue and purple. A lime green snuck in there on one nail too to see if I could salvage it but, alas, it was too late. 

I'm sorry I don't have anything better to show you but after a day of dress shopping I'm just too beat to redo them. Not to mention that I already missed the challenge "deadline" on almost every time zone (I think?).

Remember to see what the other ladies participating came up with! You probably need it after seeing mine.


2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips