Monday, March 19, 2012

Black and White Challenge Day 7 - Black and White with Glitter

I can't believe we're almost done with the Black and White Challenge! Today is day 7 and we have to do Black and White with glitters. Now I only really had one idea, which is a bad thing about me, I usually only get one idea and if it doesn't turn out like I thought I'm stumped on what to do. And that's what happened today.

I don't have a lot of glitters because I just abhor (it's a word!) the removal. It makes me sad sometimes because I see all this sparkly goodness in the bottle and pictures but a couple weeks ago I found the China Glaze Some Like It Haute glitter (I used it previously in this post) on clearance so I bought it. I've also been itching to try my hand at tape manis, specifically stripes, but I don't really like applying top coat twice in one mani because I love peeling my polish too much and this doesn't help. Finally I caved with the idea for this challenge.

I started with two coats of white (Sally Hansen Hard to Get) and let that dry overnight, then taped and sponged on the black glitter. Black and white with glitter!


Now I don't really love it. My taping was uneven and the texture difference between the polishes drove me a little nuts, but I do still like it in theory so I'll probably try it again but with regular polishes. It probably would have helped to apply glitter first, tape, then apply the white but, like I said, I didn't want to deal with the removal.

Thank you for looking as always and remember to have a little look-see at the other blogs participating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips