Friday, March 30, 2012

China Glaze Electric Beat + Stamping


Good morning!

Now that the Black and White Challenge is over I'm back with a bright, spring mani.

I started with one coat of China Glaze Electric Beat. What I can't remember is if I added a second coat or not. I don't think so, because I remember getting really good coverage with one...Aanyway...



Electric Beat is part of China Glaze's spring collection and it's a bright blue creme that leans periwinkle at times. It has a wonderfully buttery application, it's that kind of thick formula in a good way.

Then I stamped with my Red Angel plate 109 and Sally Hansen Nail Art Pen in Gold Chrome.


Just look at the detail on that flower! I love this design so hard.
I took a bajillion pictures because I just liked it too much. I hope you guys enjoy it too!

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome blue and the gold stamping goes well with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I've never seen stamping on nails before...what tools do you use to do this on your nails? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I use stamping plates. There's many different sets and brands, this particular design was from Red Angel (http://www.amazon.com/Nailart-Polish-Stamping-Manicure-Accessories/dp/B005VX8S4G). You'd also need a stamper and a scraper (http://www.amazon.com/Nail-Art-Double-Stamper-Scraper/dp/B002MZ8BK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1333331825&sr=1-1), although I use old gift cards for the scraper.

      If you're interested in getting into stamping you can also start with the Salon Express kit that's being sold in Walgreens and CVS. I personally started practicing with the Red Angel plates then got a different set.

      This is also a really good tutorial on stamping http://www.ooohshinies.com/2011/08/how-to-stamping.html

      Hope this helps. If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask or email me!

      Delete
  3. This pen is great! I just got it as a gift and I can't stop stamping with it! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I really cherish each and every piece of feedback I might get.

Blogging tips